Friday, January 7, 2011

1st day at Moth World Championships in Belmont, Australia


The first day of racing is over and everybody is enjoying the BBQ and some beer.... just the way it's supposed to be! The forecast called for lighter breeze today and it was actually pretty spot on. I opted to use my second sail, the MSL 13C which is a bit more powerful and I think it was the right choice. My speed was decent around the course, except when I hit the occasional patch of weed, which was a test of dealing with frustration. I believe I finished 4th, high teens and 6th, so obviously I'm fairly pleased. Bora had all single digits and is getting his Mojo back. All the other top players had decent results so no big surprises there... Except that Brad Funk sailed in the wrong group in the first race... Aaaarrrrgggh! Anyways, he bounced back nicely for the other two. Results aren't up yet, but you should be able to find them here, once they are posted.
We have six more qualification races and then hopefully a day off before the finals start.
Instead of pictures I have posted some more video.

US Airforce Team out
 
Interview after the race



Interview with Arnaud (SUI) and Simon (GBR) and an interview with Charlie Mckee about sailing with the wing

1 comment:

  1. http://www.mothworlds.org/belmont/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/worlds-after-3-races1.pdf

    this should be the correct link. well done today.ciao

    ReplyDelete