Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How to rig the wing....

So finally racing has begun here in Belmont. It's about time! Racing is actually still underway as I'm writing this. I opted to  give my body a break as my hands are killing me right now (a little remainder from the thin lines during my 49er times, thanks Tim! ;-)  )
For the next two days the Australian Nationals are on and everybody is checking in to see how well their boats and crazy designs actually work. Obviously one of the big questions is: Will we actually race with the Wing? Answer: Yes and No. Our testing phase was too short to really validate all points and get comfortable to race with the wing. Nevertheless Charlie McKee is biting the bullet and is committed to sail the Australian Nationals and the Worlds with the wing. Together with Rob Patterson they have worked hard to get all systems working well and finding better downwind speed. Successfully so far actually! Ever day Charlie has been going better...

To give you guys a better idea of what it takes to rig a wing on to the moth I have attached a little video explaining the process.

US Airforce Team out

1 comment:

  1. Interesting video - thanks for that!
    My 20 cents of advice: What about editing the video a bit. And a Mikey (http://www.bluemic.com/mikey/) might help to unterstand us Charlie McKee...

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete